Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Friday, July 13

Who's Guilty Here?


As I see it, the only way that I can make this happen successfully is if I know people have my back, and that’s why I talk to my “friends” on LB websites. I realize I don’t know these people personally, but I take comfort in being able to ask questions and getting real answers.

Today another mom asked the forum (www.lapbandtalk.com) about how to deal with the guilt of having weight-loss surgery and the mixed emotions that come with the decision. I understand where she is coming from because I too felt that way on an off my whole life. What changed was how I looked at my life as a whole and remembered how many people were going to benefit from this decision.

As a mother we often feel what I call “short-term guilt.” We feel guilty when we take a nap instead of cleaning. We feel guilty when we order pizza for the third time in a week instead of making dinner.  What we NEED to feel guilty about is not taking care of ourselves so that we can take better care of our families.

This is the exact reason why we need to BAND TOGETHER. We are all in the same boat here and we all understand what each other is going through.  People that are looking from the outside thinking we should just be eating tofu and jogging every day instead of relying on a LB just don’t get it. But we do.

Here is my promise. I won’t judge you and you won’t judge me. We will listen to each other. We will provide each other with advice. We will watch each other succeed.

And when we do, boy will it taste sweet…

No comments:

Post a Comment