Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Thursday, January 31

SAVE THE DATE!!


On April 10, 2012, I had the courage to make an appointment with my Primary Care Physician and ask to start the process for Lap-Band surgery.

On October 2, 2012, I finally met the surgeon for the first time and got a long list of required appointments.

On January 18, 2013, I received a letter stating I was approved for surgery by my insurance.

And……drum roll please…..

On March 4, 2013, I will have my surgery, and start my new life.

This is happening, it is really happening. I have so many mixed emotions about it and I CAN’T WAIT to see how it changes my life. So many people are asking me if I’m scared, or nervous. I am so far beyond being worried about the hard, long journey ahead, and so excited to get a second chance at my life.

For the record, here are a few of the <superficial> things I am nervous about…

1.      Having my last hurrahs at my favorite gorging locations. Right now I am waiting for a packet from my Surgeon with my instructions from here on out. I know I will have to start my pre-op diet on or around Feb 18 which means I only have three weeks left to get my money’s worth a the neighborhood Hibachi Grill.

2.      My husband gifted me a multi-appointment spa day for Christmas (I wanted to fucking kill him for spending that kind of money) and I’m debating if I should use it before or after the procedure. Do I want to de-stress before the surgery, or reward myself for having the surgery, say in the late spring sometime?

3.      My kids understanding why mom is having a shamrock shake with a birthday candle in it instead of a real birthday cake this year. (Add turning 35 to that)

4.      That I will force myself to REST after the procedure and not try to do too much too soon. Like going up and down the stairs 75 times a day after my c-sections.

5.      That my substitute can hold the fort down for me at school until I get back.  (Because I am a control freak).

I don’t know how I am going to survive the next 31 days….

2 comments:

  1. That is great news.. and the things you worry about will make you chuckle a year from now. Nothing is a liberating as not being obsessed about what you eat. Open your arms and welcome the new you that is about to come into your life. And if it were me, I'd save that spa visit and go about 3 months post op.. just saying. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You are right. I did decide to hold off on the spa day and treat myself to a "makeover" for my anniversary this summer. Thanks for the advice =)

    ReplyDelete