On April 10, 2012, I had the courage to make an appointment with my Primary Care Physician and ask to start the process for Lap-Band surgery.
On October 2, 2012, I finally met the surgeon for the first time and got a long list of required appointments.
On January 18, 2013, I received a letter stating I was approved for surgery by my insurance.
And……drum roll please…..
On March 4, 2013, I will have my surgery, and start my new life.
This is happening, it is really happening. I have so many mixed emotions about it and I CAN’T WAIT to see how it changes my life. So many people are asking me if I’m scared, or nervous. I am so far beyond being worried about the hard, long journey ahead, and so excited to get a second chance at my life.
For the record, here are a few of the <superficial> things I am nervous about…
1. Having my last hurrahs at my favorite gorging locations. Right now I am waiting for a packet from my Surgeon with my instructions from here on out. I know I will have to start my pre-op diet on or around Feb 18 which means I only have three weeks left to get my money’s worth a the neighborhood Hibachi Grill.
2. My husband gifted me a multi-appointment spa day for Christmas (I wanted to fucking kill him for spending that kind of money) and I’m debating if I should use it before or after the procedure. Do I want to de-stress before the surgery, or reward myself for having the surgery, say in the late spring sometime?
3. My kids understanding why mom is having a shamrock shake with a birthday candle in it instead of a real birthday cake this year. (Add turning 35 to that)
4. That I will force myself to REST after the procedure and not try to do too much too soon. Like going up and down the stairs 75 times a day after my c-sections.
5. That my substitute can hold the fort down for me at school until I get back. (Because I am a control freak).
I don’t know how I am going to survive the next 31 days….