Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Tuesday, March 5

Band Day


Yesterday was the big day. It is still so surreal to me that I now have an implant in my stomach,  and I’m not gonna lie, I am continuously thinking, WHAT DID I DO??

Then I remind myself that I waited one year for this. I remind myself that during that year while I took too far advantage of overeating and fast food stops, I was miserable with my ugly plus-size fashions and body size that made life so uncomfortable.  Yes…this is what I have been waiting for.

Yesterday went pretty smoothly. They had a hard time getting my IV in because I was so dehydrated, but all the needle sticks didn’t bother me, the whole experience as a whole was what was almost too much to bear. My first real put-to-sleep surgery and it was an elective one no less.  Luckily, I only had one crying spell and it’s always difficult to tell the nurses that I am not in pain, that I have anxiety, but once I got held back together I was good to go.

After waking up from surgery I had a lot of sleepiness and nausea during the first day. Today, my abdomen is swollen and sore, but I haven’t had any real pain. Today I am supposed to walk the halls and hopefully will be going home later tonight, so we’ll see.

I am also crazily overwhelmed by all of the well wishes and prayers that have outpoured from my facebook page and phone texts. We take advantage sometimes all the real friendships we have when it seems like we are only surrounded by web-friends. It is humbling how people really are there for you when you need them.
No turning back now!

4 comments:

  1. So happy it went well for you! Welcome to the band! We are here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ao great to hear things went well. I have to admit I had a moment of "what the hell did I just do" but in the end it is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have had my band for over 4 months, and I still get that "what have I done?" feeling. But it goes away pretty quickly. Sorry that the anxiety made the experience stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on joining the banded life!! This was also my first surgery so I was scared! I'm happy everything went well! The first few days after my surgery I also wasn't sure if I made the right choice! Just stay positive because it is SO worth it!! I posted about my surgery day as well on my blog!

    Best of luck to you!! Hope you're feeling better already!

    ReplyDelete