Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Monday, April 1

Easter Blessings


I did it. I made it through the first major Holiday with my band, in the puree stage none the less, and I did it. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be an honestly I’m here to tell you that if you are on the fence with talking to your family about your thought of weight loss surgery, do it, talk to them. I don’t know how I would have done it if I had pretended to have my appendix removed on March 4th instead of getting a Lap-Band. I mean, it’s possible your family isn’t as cool as mine is, but really, no one bugged me to come sit by the appetizer spread, no one asked me why I only had two deviled eggs and two slices of eggplant for dinner, and no one tried to push the cheesecake on me because THEY KNEW.  I was able to make it through and stay under my daily allotment of 1000 calories and even though I know I would have been successful either way, it made a huge difference that I didn’t have to pretend I had a queasy stomach and that’s why I wasn’t eating.

 Also, let the record show that technically I can have pop again since I gave it up for Lent which is now passed.  But you know what? I don’t even crave it anymore.  Seriously! I have kicked the habit because even if I see pop I no longer start to twitch from the smell anymore, or the warm fuzzy feeling of bubbles on my tongue. They say that it takes 40 days to forgive an addiction, and it must be true. I’m the proof in the sugar-free-fat-free pudding!!

Lastly, can I just say once again, (and will say MANY,  MANY  times again so feel free to gag yourself with  a spoon) that I have the best Husband in the whole world. This has nothing to do with weight loss surgery, but as I see more and more relationships struggle and crumble around me I am reminded that my gut instinct to give the “Country Boy” (and that’s putting it kindly) I met when I was 20-years-old   a fighting chance for my affection was spot on.  I know he is reading this (because if he doesn’t   I have a foot-stomping,  arms-crossed tantrum like Marisa Tomei in “My Cousin Vinny”  ;), and I don’t have to put it in a public blog to mean anything, but……….just, thanks baby.

Happy April everyone!! I hope the warm weather finds you wherever you are <3

1 comment:

  1. You two are still so cute! I know exactly what you're saying, you don't have to shout from the roof tops how awesome your other is, but sometimes it just feels good. Good job on Easter too. :-)

    ReplyDelete