Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Wednesday, June 26

Rain Delay

This weather sucks.

Like every other unorganized mom out there I got our pool passes after they opened for the season and therefore paid the premium instead of getting the early bird price and now it is the last week of June and we have only gone twice. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. Hopefully we all will stop getting drenched in downpour and will start enjoying our summer.

The rain is also my very valid excuse as to why I can’t exercise. The only exercise that I enjoy is a walk outside, by myself with only my iPod to keep me company. I was told point blank not to try and compete with the people on the Biggest Looser and instead focus on a workout that you love, and I can honestly say I LOVE to walk.  It’s not my fault then that I’m stuck inside while the sky cries. I mean, let’s be honest, I can easily pop in my Billy Banks DVD and kickbox my way to six-pack abs in my living room, but I just don’t feel like it.  

Here are other things I don’t feel like doing.
1.     Cleaning though and packing up my school stuff for the summer
2.     Researching another teaching endorsement
3.     Getting the furniture in my garage on Craigslist so I can get rid of it
4.     Organizing my flip flop and sandal tub
5.     Staining my deck
6.     Watching the Le Mis DVD that I got for Mother’s Day

Here are the things I do feel like doing.
1.     Buying an old school coffee maker again so I can make a big pitcher of ice coffee to keep in my fridge
2.     Watching my mindless reality TV shows I have recorded on my DVR until I fall asleep on the couch
3.     Trying an at-home gel manicure
4.     Collecting yet another maxi dress I have no occasion to wear to
5.     Making a pizza
6.     Reading a trashy novel


This summer just feels weird. I don’t know if it’s the soggy landscape, the supermoon, or my new fascination with tofu noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment