Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Tuesday, September 17

Leg Work

The NSVs just keep on coming. The universe is consistently reminding me that I did the right thing by having weight loss surgery. Here are just a few new examples from the past week. I wore a sweatshirt under a jacket and it zipped just fine. I walked up 63 rows of bleachers at the NASCAR race and could still recite the preamble. I was able to hold myself up while peeing in the grass while tailgating. That long awaited accomplishment in it’s own brought a tear to my eyes. I now have not one but two pairs of tall boots I can wear and …wait for it….a new collection of LEGGINGS for underneath. Yep, she's got LEGS. (and you just sang that in your head in a ZZTops voice!)

I have never ever had nice legs. Now, I’m sure you are thinking does anybody like anything on their body?? But I do, like my nice strait teeth.  But if I had to actually list the parts of my body from 10= likes best to 1 = likes least my legs are in the bottom half of that list. They have never been a good shape, just too squatty, and even when I have been thinner my thighs make up for what I lack in hips.

So why am I shopping for tunics and leggings?? Well, because I am in that in-between phase where my lowest size in my closet is starting to not fit well anymore. To put it blankly, my pants are sagging under my ass. I figure if I invest in some leggings they will take me through the next phase of my weight loss.  And because I am magic marker shaped I look just fine from the front or the back, it’s sideways that is a problem. Leggings are more flattering than skinny jeans in my opinion because since I would only wear them under a sweater dress or long fleece there is no bulk at the waist like with skinnies. My only fear is that the patterns don’t get stretched out to indiscernible proportions.

But I just don’t care as much anymore.  I look so much better than I did that even if I am still too fat for some fashions all people seem to see is the new me. Every day I am approached by someone who notices my progress. Let’s face it, it’s impossible not to. And even though I find it hysterical that no one seems to know what to say to me, I am flattered by these compliments…and motivated.


Now if only I could find time to jog. It’s been a good week since I hit the pavement and I can tell already. I need to get back on track with that…literally….and who knows, maybe with all the lower body cardio I will get my legs higher up that list eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment