Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Wednesday, January 15

Yep.

PLATEAU: A state of little or no change following a period of activity or progress.

MAINTENANCE: The process of maintaining or preserving something. 


And there you have it in black and white. This stretch that I am calling my plateau really isn’t so much. I have been maintaining for three months and I have no one to blame for the lack of movement than myself. But let me explain first, that YES I acknowledge that maintaining is nothing short of miraculous for a food addict like me, but that YES I am still on a weight loss journey so that is still my goal for now. K? Glad that’s settled.

I am trying to open my eyes to what is really happening and what is really hindering any further downward movement with the scale. I keep writing the same damn post over and over about passing the 70 lb mark, then I sneak back up to 67-68 with a day or two of drunken debauchery. A few days of shakes and detox later and I’m back down, and the cycle continues, and continues, for THREE FUCKING MONTHS.

So NO, I have not hit a plateu. If I were working hard every day and nothing was happening than I can’t really blame anyone but my shitty metabolism but that truly isn’t the case here is it? So, the only thing to do is re-evaluate where I am at and make a new plan. The plan when I was 70 lbs. heavier no longer works, the days where I could work really hard for 5 days and slack for 2 and the weight would continue to melt off like a popsicle in the summer.  Because no matter what I ate it was still better/less than what I had been eating. I now need to be good EVERYDAY, eat healthy EVERYDAY, and allow a small treat here or there, with trigger foods in extreme moderation.

So why get goddamned weight-loss surgery if you are only going to be enslaved in a world of dieting anyways? Well, it’s not now nor will ever be easy but it is still better. My appetite is much, much smaller. My portions are much, much smaller. My digestion is much, much different. But, so dark the con of man, I still have to be in control of what I put in my mouth every day. I still have to wager if 100 calories of Cheetos is the same as 100 calories of fat-free yogurt.

Enter egg beaters, quinoa, and 98% fat free microwave popcorn. Because 1000-1200 cals a day of WHATEVER is not enough anymore…yep folks, it’s time to….eat healthy foods. I’m about as excited about this as a toddler going in for a flu shot. And I don’t care who you are or what you are pretending so no one judges you….healthy food is not as delicious as junk food. But I’m going to make an effort. Isn’t that all we can do anyways?


In six-weeks is my Bandiversa-Birthday. What will 36 bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment