Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Tuesday, September 2

Learning Curve

Yikes.

It’s September.

And I’m learning.

As always I have signed up to do WAY too much and it’s already catching up with me. Because of this, my day job work is already starting that dreaded needed to be done yesterday pile (first time in 5 years I was told my Sub folder was over due….hand slapped). I am at meetings trying to plan a PTA Valentine’s Dance (yes, it’s in 5 ½ months) while simultaneously answering and forwarding a ton of Soccer e-mails. I am forgetting about (hand slapped) and rescheduling dog hair cuts. I am learning (or maybe I already knew) that social media is both a blessing and a curse and that you cannot and should not trust anyone (hand slapped).

I’m not talking about downloading the FB Messanger App, that shit’s fine people. It will be okay, I promise.

I’ve been on a few walks but I’m not exercising right now, and not necessarily because I don’t want to. I do want to, it’s a huge stress relief I don’t have and that sucks. So what do I do instead? Keep trying to eat fricking Kettle Chips that I KNOW DAMN WELL won’t go down. But, c’mon I’m sure this time I’ll be fine, right?? Nope, didn’t think so.

How about retail therapy??  That is super gratifying, short-term until you remember you have to pay for it. But you don’t really think I’m going to show up to a wedding full of my Husband’s colleagues in an old frock from before things changed…do you?

I am spread thin like Nutella. I can’t say no. Need some blood? Here, let me slit my wrist “Flowers in the Attic” style and give you some. Because that’s what I do best.


But I’m learning.

2 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself lady! Sounds like you are ubber busy, hopefully some of it gives soon..... I know all too well about retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete