Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Thursday, December 11

New Plan - take 2

Last night I killed it at the gym, squatted extra low, lifted extra high, and ellipticaled extra on the elliptical. Today I woke up sore, but feeling slender if that’s a thing. After a hard ass work out and a day with low carbs you just feel more slender, even if you are the exact same size, and that can be euphoric when you have been in a slump like I have.

I know I wrote about having a plan a while back, and that plan flew out the window, but I have a new plan now and this one is going to work come hell or high water. It has to.

I was talking to someone the other day about my journey and how I cannot fail at it this time. It is jut NOT an option. I am a writer and hundreds of people read my blog for inspiration. I am a leader in lap-band support group and people who are scared or on the fence look to me for reassurance that they are doing the right thing. I am an active member of my community with all eyes on my every move, not in a snarky way (I hope) but rather as an “if SHE can do it then so can I”. I literally can’t go back to fat.

So my new plan is a little more strategic then the binder I put together to record my weight, calories and exercise. I know you can do that all online or through Apps, but I like to SEE it on paper, just like I like to write with a pen once in a while. This time I have actual goals and a means to get there.

My gym is sponsoring a 500-mile challenge and I have all of 2015 to run to Missouri. Every 50 miles you run on the treadmill or on the indoor track you win a prize like a water bottle, or a tote bag, a t-shirt, and the grand prize is a month of no gym fee (mine is 22 bucks, whoo hoo) and an entry into a drawing for a free YEAR of gym (now we’re talking).


But the real prize of course you silly people, is the accomplishment of actually DOING this. It will keep me going, it will work out all of my other problems like my low-energy, weight slump, and emotional digressions.

Once I had the plan, I needed the swag, so I treated myself to a brand new sports bra and running capris from Victoria’s Secret. Nothing says get your ass to the gym then spending a hundo plus on work-out clothes. Can’t wait to ring in the new year Jan 1 in my new sportswear.


I promise blog more and give you updates along the way as always. If not for anything else but to keep MYSELF running, and running……

1 comment: