Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Wednesday, January 7

Snow Day

Welcome 2015. Right on cue, Mother Nature reared her ugly head and we were hit with extreme low temps the very day school started up. I know, I know, I choose to live in Chicago and the crazy weather is part of that….but it still sucks and everyone has a right to complain when they want.

January 1, I was all ready to start my 500-mile challenge at the gym, but remember that the miles have to be logged THERE either on the track or dreadmill, and so dark the con of man they were closed on the first day. In other words, a contest that was starting the first actually started the second. Well played, fitness center. I did my first three miles on Friday and then the weekend came and so did even more extreme cold and that little reminder every month that I’m not pregnant. Seriously, on day 3. And just so we are clear, I cannot be pregnant so this “reminder” is nothing more than a nuisance, and a derailment from exercise. Trust me when I tell you, I’m not a baby about these things but I also am not gonna be running commando (remember that bit of information I learned last year??). So I lost a few days. Set out my workout clothes before bed and went back on Tuesday before work for another 3 miles and now we are up to 6 total.

Week 1 = 6

I am already behind.

Damnit.

I have been watching my diet very closely since 1/1 so even though I am a scale whore and weigh myself a million times a day and never get an accurate measure, I am counting the starting weight as New Year’s Day and therefore tomorrow will be the number I can actually track. Since every cell in my body has been gorged with water retention for a week I don’t know what to expect.

Today was a snow day, which means me and the kids were home from school because it was deemed unsafe to be outside in the elements. I’m not one of those crazy people that go out all day when there is no school, so as we were shut-ins I had to do something so my ass would actually detach from the couch for a bit. I dug out and dusted off an old Billy Banks Tae Bo DVD that I had bought the last time I lost weight (or maybe the time before that?) and cleared out the living room and put my gym shoes on.

It was harder than I remembered.

I love how Billy talks to you through the TV. I love how he holds his hands up as if you are punching at them while doing kickbox aerobics. And I love how even at home you can work up a sweat. Not having a gym membership or not going to a gym isn’t an excuse to not exercise….but we already knew that, right?

So one week down, and one week closer to bikini weather, and I'm already a day late and a dollar short on my running challenge. Better luck this week. 

1 comment:

  1. Burrrrrr!!! I missed the 500 mile challenge post. Is that for the year? I'm liking the idea of it.

    ReplyDelete