Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Wednesday, February 11

LUCKY 6/66

Week 6:66 miles. Friday is the 13th. This can’t be good…

But what good are bad omens when we are doing so much to debunk them? Do you believe in being “unlucky” or is our fate really in our hands?

Who knows. I surely don’t.

What I do know is that this weekend is Valentine’s Day and I’m stoked. It is my favorite Holiday. Yes, it’s cheesy. Yes, it’s motivated by card companies that want you to spend money (hello, Hallmark, I’m talking to you). But I have always been a girl that loves romance, and all things hearts and flowers, and spoiling my loved ones with hugs, kisses and chocolates. So really, what’s the harm?

Love is a wonderful thing. To whom and for whomever you want.

Speaking of love, most of us are no strangers to EX-loves and mine appeared out of the great blue yonder at the gym yesterday. Here I am teasing the front desk about putting my pic on the wall when I get to my 500 miles (I swear I was just kidding) and when I turn around, who was not even ten feet behind me but my ex-boyfriend from high school. I looked at him for only half a second and of course recognized him right away. We didn’t make eye contact. I ran into the locker room.

When I came out I bee-lined to the treadmill, which thank fuck looks out the window to the parking lot, and just started booking it. I don’t even know if he was still in there, or where he was in there, or even if he saw me at all. The only thing I DID know is that I was certain as the sun happy I wasn’t fat anymore.

To be extremely clear, my husband is the air I breathe. If you know ME, you know THIS. The end.

BUT….that being said, I don’t think there is a person on God’s green earth with two X chromosomes that wants to be fat working out at the gym with an ex-boyfriend from 20 years ago. (Holy shit, I just typed 20).

The good news is that I killed 4 miles in under an hour, and the better news is I didn’t see him again at all in there.


So maybe, just maybe, I am lucky after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment