Super Inspired Writer

My photo
Look SUPER. Feel SUPER. Choose SUPER. Be SUPER.

Monday, April 17

The Real Deal Inspires

Today was a milestone kinda day. The day after Easter can’t help but be a day of rebirth. I mean, if the big J can move a boulder and rise from the dead, I can be reborn from a few bad meals over the weekend, right?

Don’t get me wrong, the flu that had me balls to the wall last week did a great job of starting my digestive track back at square one. But as soon as I ate one meal of substance with salt in it the scale needle started dancing again. I hate it. Scales I mean.

I wish I could be that person that never steps on one at all. You know, that girl you knew in high school that only knew she gained three-quarters of a pound because she had a red ring under the waistband of her jeans she’s worn for years. Or when you’d watch an after-school special and the main character knew she was pregnant from puking one time and pants being snug.

I have worn the same jeans for a few years now, but I’m not going to lie and say they don’t go from “I’m swimming in them” to “bring me a shoehorn” every couple of weeks. The days where they fit just right like Goldilocks’ chair are few and far between. Never thought it was a pregnancy, just sayin'.

At any rate, the weather is finally starting to change and that hopefully means less jeans and more skirts and sundresses. This weekend I wore a cute halter number that’s been in the back of my closet for about 7 years that I just took the tags off of on Sunday. It was one of those clearance rack items that you don’t really think you’ll wear but really can’t pass up either. Plus, my fourth grader asked me to please not wear all black this Easter, so how could I say no?

There are only 35 (THIRTY-FIVE) days of teaching left this year. That is unbelievable to me. This school year has been easier in so many ways, and yet more challenging in other ways. But I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and I’m getting there. I am really tuned into what I WANT, and what I NEED and knowing the difference is what has been driving me. The choices I make are helping my journey and mine alone, and I am focused on that. Being a good Mom, nurturing my Husband, having a strong career, reaching my body goals, it’s ALL EQUALLY IMPORTANT.

Today when I was at the dentist I was thinking about the people I know and how some of our goals are just completely different.  How what we spend money on is so different, and how skeptical I was to spend my own cash on **gasp** a nutritional supplement. Ultimately, putting my own spending in perspective, is what sold the deal to me. I’ve literally spent THOUSANDS of dollars on my outward appearance, but I was apprehensive on buying Plexus. It makes no damn sense and yet we all do it all the time.


I was also thinking while my teeth were being cleaned, about how my business BOOMED this month so unexpectedly and how I owe it all to just telling the TRUTH and being MYSELF. The me that is learning and growing, the me in all it’s imperfections, the me that doesn’t fool people with being fancy-schmancy to look popular and important, I’ve never been that girl and I’m not starting that shit now. I have a nerd -girl Superman tattoo for Christ’s sake.

And I also have my first goddamned cavity at 39-years-old. Seriously. WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment